hungry Ghost month!!

Well, this month seem like any other months for most people but to the chinese this is the month where no one is allowed to do much work, move in their newly purchase home or other premises and even marry ......
It is actually held every 7th month of the chinese calendar which was called the ghost month. Being a chinese, I am quite in the circle but not following it coz I was raised by a christian family. But I can't help it coz everyone else like the people I work with, relatives and so on do believe in it. like for example; I was supposed to move this month but then my employer did not approve on us moving coz it is particularly not a good idea to move fearing bad things would befall on the business in future , so...I respect that.
Well, normally there are concert's, shows and other entertainment held just for this ocassion at night. Normally I would see people crowding in various housing areas setting up temporary stages and so on. Some making offering's to their ancestors that "pass on" before with food, drinks and paper made car's, airplanes, houses and hell money.
So during this month I guess it is best be respectfull of other's belief and not despised them. You'll never know.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy BurpDay!!

Alienware??